Sunday, June 03, 2007

Excitement Last Night!!!


I toss and turn a lot in the night, and last night while I was tossing, I got hit by something and it woke me up. Not just a tap, I got hit hard! I got my bearings of the room and quickly realized it was a BAT!!! We have a sloped ceiling in out bedroom so it frequently came within inches of my head before I got James to wake up!! I WAS FREAKING OUT!! Quietly though, since Hannah's room is right next to ours. James, ever my protector, got out of bed and chased the dumb thing around the house until, we think, it went out the back door. Since we don't know for sure the kids are scared to go down to the basement.

So, that was our sleepless night. Needless to say, on this rainy Sunday afternoon, we napped. A lot.


7 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

CREEPY!!!

Anonymous said...

How did it get in?

Chris said...

Disgusting!! Bats are worse than birds and you know my feelings about birds!

Kelly Glupker said...

That's terrible! I had a friend in Wisconsin who had over 20 bats in her house by the time the summer was over. They ended up moving! Thankfully I have never had one in my house, but Ben's parents did a few months back. Hope you sleep better tonight - keep a tennis racket next to your bed!

Laurie said...

Did you take the picture? I hate bats too, but that is a pretty good picture. I agree with Kelly, keep that tennis racket handy. I think that's what Casey used when they had bats in the Benjamin house.

Pam said...

If only we HAD a tennis raquet. The badminton one will have to do.

Pam said...

Oh and Laurie, I didn't take the picture. That's just one we found on line. I was under covers and had no interest in getting out to find a camera. :)