Wednesday, July 20, 2011

East Coast Trip - Maine Day 1






We traveled from Niagara to Maine through the scenic Adirondack Mountains. I can't believe I didn't really take any pictures. I was in awe of how beautiful a drive it was. I can honestly say, and I've been all over America, that it was one of the most beautiful places I've seen. Little towns nestled in the mountains with that campy feel. I loved it!
We then finally landed in Maine. My cousins William and Nancy stayed up to greet us and graciously offered their home to us for the next few days.
The first day William took us to a great little lake to play, fish and just run around at. After sitting the the van for hours it was an absolutely perfect start to the day.
We then took a ride up to a quaint little town that used to be the place for East Coast vacationers. It was beautiful!
On our way back we saw a moose and everyone was thrilled! William is a hunting and fishing guide and an accomplished outdoor writer and listening to his knowledge was really cool. Especially for Little James who is an outdoor nut. They were two peas in a pod. William even taught little James to fly fish. Clearly his highlight since he's been talking about it every day since. :)
I'm going to have to add the pictures on another post....there are just too many good ones to pick from.

No comments: