Thursday, September 15, 2011

Birthday Brownies for Popcorn

Popcorn is James' snake.  According to his school papers, it is the living thing he loves the most.  I noted he picked his snake over all people in his life when others were writing Mom, Dad, Grandma...etc.  Popcorn the snake is 4.  I don't do this every year, but one year I made a rice krispie shaped snake for her birthday and James talked about it for a year.  So, starting middle has been a bit of an adjustment and James needed a little suprise for a pick-me-up.  So when he came home from practice on Monday Hannah asked why there were brownies.  When I said they were Popcorn's birthday brownies.  James smiled the biggest smile.  Worth it. He really does love his snake.  I don't.  I don't like snakes, but I sure love that smile.

No comments: