Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Plans for Them



I often recite these verses to myself.  Remind myself that God has plan for me, a plan for my future.  Remind myself that I need to be calling on Him, seeking Him and when I do, He will be found.

I need to tell my kids this more.  I need to believe this about my kids more.

God doesn't just have a plan for me.  He has a plan for my kids too.  A plan for their future.

I was just talking to a friend about our kids finding their niche.  What they like, what they are good at.  At what age does that show up?

What I should be more concerned with is that my kids will know God well enough to seek them with all their hearts, find Him and know the plans He has for them.  They may not see God's plan until they are older.  My worrying about how they are going to fit in is no example of trusting God with their future.  It's not mine to hold.  I can only guide them to following the best leadership and path....which is not my own.  Be most satisfied with my children when they are loving and following God above sports, music or academics.


No comments: