Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of School

Hannah and James started school today. Hannah 3rd grade, James 4th. They were SO EXCITED this morning. I thought it was really cute how Hannah acted like she didn't lay in bed for an hour waiting to get up. She bounded down the stairs and was ready to go in 20 minutes. I was a bit down today. I missed them. Oh well, this is now the third year of first day of school with the kids. This is the first year they didn't want me to walk them to school on the first day. While I was proud of them, I was sad that they are too big for Mom on the first day. So here I am waiting to hear all their stories of the first day. I think this is one of my favorite times of day. The "after school debriefing".



Evan was so happy to see his brother and sister as he is every morning.


Then, the excitement turned to mad. He was looking all over crying with his arms out for Hannah to come back to him. He loves that girl! We had a good day together though. He had extra Mommy time and seems just fine.

3 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

LOVE the background. I am so glad they like school!

The Speer's said...

I felt the same way as Evan did when Richard left for his first day of High School. I was very sad. I hope they had a great day.

Kara said...

I can't believe they wanted to walk without you! They are so grown up. And that smile of Evan's... precious!