Friday, May 21, 2010

My Date with Little James



While Hannah and Daddy were at the dance, James IV and I had a chance to go on a date just the two of us. (Gramma and Papa had Evan) For our date I took him to Cabella's. I guess he has been there when he was little but doesn't remember it and has been asking to go for a while. So I told him he could pick the restaurant and we'd spend the evening there. So after a fancy meal at Burger King we spent the evening talking and looking at fish, animals and picking out some new special lures. He's hoping to catch "the big one" this summer. :) I sure hope he does.
I always enjoy one on one time with any of the kids, but I enjoyed my time with him especially much this time. He is maturing into such a great guy. He is sensitive, sweet and obviously includes the LORD in every aspect of his life. He has such a concern for others that it literally breaks his heart.
My favorite part of the evening was when he showed he was taking care of me. He held my hand as I walked down stairs, opened my doors and did all he could to make sure I was comfortable. I know I teared up and cried at his thoughtfulness for this pregnant mom.
I'm already looking forward to our next date!!

1 comment:

Kelly Glupker said...

I love how in the midst of your busy life and all that you have going on right now, you still put forth the effort to have individual time with your kids. You're a great Mom!