I saw this on a blog last week, and thought it was fun. So, here is everything you wanted (or didn't want) to know about me and Christmas:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Tough one...egg nog shakes rock, but at home I would drink hot chocolate first.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Presents are wrapped under our tree, and not put there until Christmas morning. We're not much of a Santa family. We don't encourage it, yet don't outright discourage it either. I think the big kids believed briefly, but I clearly remember the year they wanted to know the truth because "Santa" used some of the same wrapping paper as the year before. They're too smart!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White! The kids would probably prefer circus lights, colored, blinking with a spotlight...but we agree together that the white lights looks really pretty and sparkly at night. I think white lights are so romantic. TMI??
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I should!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually, sometime the week after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? For Christmas? Breakfast brunch. The egg casserole tastes better on Christmas for some reason.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I have many. I loved getting up and seeing what the "family gift" was. Sometimes even more than the gifts that were just for me. It was always something we thought we'd never get. My other favorite is watching my Grandma and Grandpa Spear come over. They'd pull up in the truck and I'd feel like Christmas was complete. I think that's why it's so important to me for my kids to have their grandparents with them on Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't ever remember believing in Santa. My mom may tell you different?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only at my Aunt Jean's. We had to wait until midnight though. It was a gift from the name exchange with my cousins.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My tree is (except the lights) the kids. It's a hodge podge of ornaments and I love it that way. Warm, cozy and our own.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it! At Christmas time. I get tired of it all along the end of February. I long for it's return though in the fall.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not very well. I do live in Michigan. We love our winter sports.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Birds. Canaries to be exact. Orange ones. Herald and Angel. Only Angel harked and Herald sang. :)
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I have two answers. Christ. His coming to earth makes me knowing God possible. Second, family. I love my family immensely.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My Mom's pumpkin dessert. YUM!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? with young kids our traditions are a work in progress. I would say the one tradition my parents had is reading "the gift of the Magi" together. My dad could barely read the end through the tears and once I "got it" I cry every time too.
17. What tops your tree? A star, That I don't particularly enjoy. I really need to find one that is super cool. On clearance after Christmas of course.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, definitely. I love to see the face of those that receive the gifts and know that they will enjoy them.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The First Noel. Thus we have a daughter named Noel. Actually no. Someone just assumed that the other day and it made me laugh. Seems logical. I truly like O Holy Night best.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum! In small amounts
21 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life
So there it is. Feel free to share your Christmas with someone else too!