Monday, April 08, 2013

Competition

Tonight is the BIG game!  The BIG one...U of M vs...someone for the NCAA Championship.
I guarantee you these two teams know they are in a competition.  They are fighting to win!
I also read a great blog post today about Motherhood.  It's competition too..isn't it?
Me?  Sometimes I feel like I'm in a competition on a daily basis.  One I didn't sign up for, but find myself in all too often.  The motherhood competition.  Am I a great Mom?  Sometimes it's not until someone responds to you do you realize you were comparing or being compared with.  That second feeling is the hardest for me to understand.  Why would anyone compare their life to mine and try to "one up" me or think that what I am doing has anything to do with them?  It baffles me.  Then I realize I do the same thing.  I see others that have something in their relationship with their kids, or the type of home that they have and I feel the need to compare myself.  WHY?  Am I really that shallow?  The answer?  Yes.  I am.  Not always but on days when I'm not grounded in God's Word and I get involved with thoughts that I have not taken captive.  Yes I am.    Seeing real competition on TV is making me realize that I am in a race.  I need to stay in the right race.  Not the race to see who is the better mom, the thinner mom, the happier mom or the financially secure mom. There is a race set out for us.
So I need to remember...Hebrews 12:1b-2a......let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith 
I loved this blog post and encourage all you mom's to read it.  We just need to be good moms to our kids, the way God calls us to.
http://lysaterkeurst.com/2013/04/the-day-my-fragile-identity-as-a-mom-melted/

No comments: