Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A different kind of summer

I'm behind on blogging.  I feel like I'm behind on my thoughts.  These may be very scattered thoughts

This has been a different kind of summer.
This is how I planned my summer back in April when it was still freezing.
Warm air, sunny skies, a glorious vacation surrounded by my entire family where we say around the fire and talked, or played games until late into the night.  We'd have time at the pool, kids would learn to ride bikes...etc.

Well it's near the end of July and it's not going that way.

The air?  Not so warm.  Today is 58 degrees
Sunny skies?  not as much as I'd like
The vacation?  Bugs, cold air, bugs, noise, rain, bugs.....oh yeah, and my parents didn't come because my mom had just had major surgery.  Oh and in the middle of that vacation we got the call that my mom had ovarian cancer.
The pool?  Actually we have had a good time at the pool :)  Yay!
The bikes?  The kids are terrified to try. :/

Here's the thing.  It wasn't my plan, but it certainly was God's.

I could really complain about this summer.  I like to be hot in the summer not cold.  I hate bugs.  I want my kids to take bike rides with me. I want a tan.  Sigh.

What good would that do?
To complain about the weather would show my kids that even though God is in charge of the weather I don't think He's giving me His best.
To complain about vacation would disrespect my husband who did his best to plan and create a great family time.
To complain about cancer......God is still sovereign.  I need to remember this.

To be honest I did and still do complain.  I complained to God.  He already knows my heart and what I am thinking, feeling, mad about...He knows and still loves me despite that.
He can take it.  He wants to take it.  He tells us to cast all our cares on Him.  Let him carry the burden.
There is nothing that is mysterious to him or too much to handle.  There is plenty that is too much for me to handle.  I need Him when things don't go the way I planned.    I need Him to reassure me that He is still in control.  He is still loving.
So things didn't go my way.
They went God's way.
Can't wait to tell you in the future how God used this summer.  How He changed me and showed Himself faithful.

No comments: