Sunday, February 14, 2010

When I Think Of Love



I think of my parents. This year, on the 15th of this month they will celebrate their 41st anniversary.
They have been the best example to me of what real love is. They have stuck it out through rich and poor, sickness and health....I'm sure there is much more to go through in their life but I know they will go through it together.
I'm so thankful they showed us everyday that not only they loved us, but loved each other. As a child I thought it was so gross to see my parents smooch or hold hands. Now, I'm SO thankful that they did and do. They are one of the very few couples in my older kids lives that have been married only to each other and for a long time. They show their grand kids how love with one person for life is God's plan and it's GREAT.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! We love you so much!

1 comment:

Phil Luter said...

Thankis for the kind comments. We have not had the perfect marriage - there aren't any. But we do love each other and knew from the start that this was a lifetime commitment. By the way, who are those kids dressed up like a bride and groom?